|Summary:||Striking and unorthodox BJJ|
|Nickname:||The James Krause|
|From:||Newport News, Virginia USA|
|Fights Out Of:||Lee's Summit, Missouri USA|
|Height:||6' 2" ( 187 cm )|
|Weight:||155 lb ( 70 kg )|
Jul 25, 2015
UFC weigh-in at the United Center on July 24, 2015 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photos by Rey Del Rio/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)Jul 24, 2015
Feb 28, 2015
Sep 27, 2014
TRAINING: 2-3 times a day. I've been out to Factory X Muay Thai in Denver for this fight as well as mixing some Tae Kwon Do techniques into my training.
When and why did you start training for fighting? Eight years ago. It was something fun to do in the summer while I was out of college. I showed up at the gym one day and never left.
What ranks and titles have you held? BJJ brown belt
Do you have any heroes? None
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s the top of the top. I can test my skills against the best in the world here.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Five credits shy of a degree. I quit to pursue fighting.
What was your job before you started fighting? I ran GrindHouse MMA
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 18-1 with 2 titles
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine
Favorite striking technique: Jab
• 14 wins by submission (3 guillotine, 3 RNC, 7 triangle, 1 undisclosed submission), six by knockout
• 7 wins by triangle choke, three by guillotine choke, three by rear naked choke
• Fought twice in the WEC, losing to Donald Cerrone and Ricardo Lamas
• 16 first round finishes
• TUF 15 competitor (lost in preliminary round to Justin Lawrence)
• Owns wins over Toby Imada, Joe Jordan, Michael Johnson, and Anthony Smith