|Height:||5' 4" ( 162 cm )|
|Weight:||115 lb ( 52 kg )|
Watch the UFC 192 Fight Club Q&A with Cain Velasquez, Anthony Pettis, Tecia Torres, Henry Cejudo and Jessica Aguilar.Sep 23, 2015
Jul 31, 2015
UFC matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby preview UFC 190 and point out the particularly interesting bouts on the card, including Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia and more.Jul 30, 2015 4:06
Women's strawweight fighter Jessica Aguilar talks about meeting Dana White for the first time, and how arriving in the UFC is a dream true. Aguilar takes on top ranked Claudia Gadelha at UFC 190 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.Jul 29, 2015
When and why did you start training for fighting? Feb 2006. I was offered a fight a week before the event and I accepted...10 years later, here I am.
What ranks and titles have you held? Brown Belt BJJ, three-time Gold Medalist for the US FILA Grappling Team, Acquired the #1 World Strawweight ranking when I defeated Megumi Fuji in 2010, Acquired the World Series of Fighting Strawweight Championship Belt in 2014 and defended it twice.
Do you have any heroes? My mother
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? As a pioneer of WMMA, it's a dream come true to finally be fighting for an organization (the largest now) that once said they would never have females fighting in their shows.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I did, but didn't finish.
Favorite grappling technique: BJJ
Favorite Striking technique: Boxing
- •Pro since 2006
- •Seven wins by submission (guillotine, 2 armbar, 3 arm triangle, triangle), three by knockout
- •Six first round finishes
- •Origin of nickname: “My full name is long so I shortened it for autograph purposes...it's the first letter of my first name and the first two letters of my last name.”
- •Holds wins over Carla Esparza, Lisa Ellis, Megumi Fujii (twice)
- •On ten fight winning streak – unbeaten since 2010
- •Has gone five rounds twice
- •Went 2-1 in trilogy with Angela Magana